Increase your energy, detox, and prevent bloating with this nutrient-rich, green energy smoothie recipe filled with fresh, organic fruits and vegetables infused with the flavors of India.
My yoga classes this week have been structured around experiencing your own strength. Drawing upon the energy of Mother Earth, we can deeply tap into this source of strength and power by consciously and mindfully pulling this force up and into our own energy system through the base of our spine (1st chakra) all the way up to our navel center (3rd chakra), our seat of personal power. Connecting our movement to our breath, we move through practice and life with ease and steadiness, asking not forcing, just allowing .
As the colors of spring brighten into a sea of vibrant greens, I want to establish a connection with this most creative Mother Earth energy by adding theses colors to my diet. Here is another way (in addition to previous post) to add bitter greens to your diet to aid in detoxifying the liver while boosting your energy to experience your own strength more deeply. A Vôtre Santé!
- 2 -3 cups spinach, or spinach/kale combination
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 8-10 stems cilantro
- 1/2 lime, knobby end removed, yes keep the rind on
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 inch of fresh turmeric, peeled or 1/4 t ground turmeric
- 1 avocado (peel and pit removed)
- 1 pear (cored, leave peel)
- coconut water as need
- 1 t dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in your blender or food processor.
- Adding up to 1/2 cup coconut water to liquify, (see photo below to get an idea of the final texture).
- Pour into glass ( I prefer to drink this room temperature when freshly made).
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes. Enjoy!
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers to have your next day’s breakfast ready to go.
I would LOVE to hear how this is working for your energy system. Again don’t get hung up on the exact quantities of things, use your intuition. Make substitutions that make sense for you and have fun. If you don’t have a pear or are not a lover of pears then add an apple or banana. Let me know what you add to make your Green Energy Smoothie personal. Sat Nam and Namaste.